Saturday, August 13, 2011

Second master class

My second time I took a master class was last summer. My teacher brought Belén Maya to Israel. It wasn't a part of any festival, just summer. Still it was three days - thursday, friday and suterday. She made it in two levels: medium and advanced. I took the medium.
This time it was a bit easier for me. Don't gem wrong: even the mesium level of Belen Maya is very advanced. I had other resons. First of all - it wasn't the first time I take a class this kind.  Accept that - my teacher dance in a very close style of dance like Belen. Much closer than the style of Los Farrucos, that's for sure. This time there were many girls I knew before. I came more relax from the start. And in this level - she made taranto. I already learn a whole year taranto. Not that I mind to dance it more. This a beautiful palo and those three days helped me to understand taranto better.
It was fun. Learning from another amazing dancer. She made us a heatting with a weird but fun music she was putting in the stereo. Than dancing again and again. The dancing itself was with a guitarist I know and was with us all year before (and all this year). He's really good as well.
In the second day I told her that I think it was great that far. I asked her if it will be allright if I will have a photo with her in the end of the class that day. She accepted. My teacher took it. I didn't think it will cause any problem if I'll upload it to facebook.
In the last day started the problems for me, right after all were ready to start. My Spanish still needs an improvment. Belén Maya called my teacher. She pointed at me and said something. I didn't understand all, but it was possible to see on her face she's angry. My teacher came to me and told me that Belen is angry with me because of the photo in facebook. It hurted her. 
The last class started officially in a speech. Belén said she don't mind to have photos with us, she doesn't mind if we will make videos from class for we'll remember the steps, but she won't accept if well upload any of it to facebook. She had a problem with suitcase which flew to another place and she wasn't dressed in proffecional flamenco clothes. She said that if anyone will see her dressed this way - people will say she isn't profecional. I really didn't mean or think this way.... Through the way she made the classes - I can tell she is profecional. Even without it. It's enough to see her dance.
I took some videos to remember. My consetration is problematic without any help. After this mistake - near the the end it was easy to me to lose consetration.
The class finished with time she gave us to ask her quetions. I didn't dare. I was too a shame on my mistake.. But other girls asked her interesting quetions. Belén had interesting answers for all.
When I got back home I deleted the photo from my facebook profile. It was probably a kind of an apology. She still a facebook friend of mine. My only advice for you: you should go to her classes if you're lucky, but ask her before you upload anything to facebook from those classes.
Next week she will make another class in Tel Aviv. This time it will be 5 days, while 3 of them will be also a class with bata de cola. I will go tho the medium again. This time also for bata classes

No comments:

Post a Comment