Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The show of Diego El Cigala in Tel Aviv

Diego EL Cigala came to performe in Israel in the winter of 2010. Just one show in Tel Aviv. Every city in Israel has a hall of colture - a place for concerts. In case it's a city without a theater - it has also theater plays' from other cities. When El Cigala came - his show was in the hall of colture in Tel Aviv. I got a ticket in the first row... They asked NOT to get in there cameras or recording stuff. I was good and didn't bring with me. After that - I was sorry. They didn't check. Some of the audiouns took photos and it looks like no one asked them to stop. I wish I had some photos from this show... Anyway - outside the hall sold cd's pf him. I bought 2 cd's. Even that we have a big scene of flamenco in Israel - it's hard to get flamenco music around here. It's mostly when someone here makes a collection of flamenco (and I have few of those), or a bit in special stores of music. Still - till it's possible to get here - it's only a bit and if it's not a collection - most of cahnces it's Paco De Lucia (who is great).
After his musicians started to play - he got into stage like a king with a hand up. He started to sing. He had there a chair for him, and a chair for his glass of water. It didn't take too long till he started to talk with people from behind the stage. Someone from the backstage got into stage fast to replace the water with orange juice... I never seen a think like this before. It wasn't the only thing: it wasn't the first or last time I got into this hall to see performes, but the only time this place looked to me more like a taverna... Many of the audions (and it's a big place and it was almost full) made applause with the music. The audions didn't try to make it in a flamenco beat - it was more applause for the applause. El Cigala co-opporated with it from time to time.
In another part, after his orange juice has been finnished - he went out of stage. His musicians made a part without him and without any sinning. When they finnished this part - that guy from backstage came running to stage again with another full glass of orange juice. In the moment he went down of stage - Diego El Cigala returned. Again - got into stage like a king with a hand up.
Near the end, when the audions applaused enough to bring him back to stage - one woman who looked in her 20's got running on stage. She gave him a red rose and a hug. It's hard to say he looked like he suffer....
Don't get me wrong - although it was a bit weird I enjoyed this show. Maybe it even helped to make this show better and unforgatble.  
In the end, after the doors has been opened no one was hurry to go out. The audions went out slowly. Some of the workers of this hall looked whet the fan who got into stage will do next. She prommised not to get on stage again. They got relax. I got out happy that I had the chance to see it althogh I don't have any photos

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSA3Ki8cN4o&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment