Friday, September 16, 2011

Covered by her blackest scarf

I went 2-3 years ago for another show which I took my sister with me. It wasn't a part of a festival, jst a show.

We went to see a show of a dancer called Shira Shemi. She's a dancer of flamenco (puro) and Clasico Español. The best way ( I think) to say the name of the show in English is Covered by her blackest scarf. THe show itself was a mix of both kinds of dance. Instead of a guitar - the musicians played on two violins, a viloa and a chelo. Between the dance part there was an actor who has been readding some songs of Federico García Lorca - in Spanish and Hebrew.

I liked the show. Shira Shemi was great, it was interesting to hear García Lirca, and it was different from anything else I saw before. My sister was a bit shocked. She is not really aware to Clasico Español snd didn't understand why does it take a place in a flamenco show

    This a photo of Shira Shemi

No comments:

Post a Comment