Friday, September 2, 2011

Dorantes in Diás de Flamenco

A year and a half ago (march 2010), one year after Farruquito, it was Dorantes who came to performe in Días de Flamenco.s far as it's a festival mostly for dancers in a place of dancing, and as I heard - he never performe alone - he came with two dancers: Juaquin Grilo and Pastora Galvan.

Juaquin Grilo and Pastora Galvan made the master classes at friday morning. I didn't go to this. I was a bit stress with money and prefered to save it to the show itself. And I was a bit lazy. I wasn't sure that I really want it this year. The class with Farruquito a year before was enough for a while (for me). I thought I'm crazy for a while, but it didn't take for too long. Neta went to both classes and said it was very difficult. They just did all fast in the way they dance in shows, no explaining anything and no attention to the fact (at least) most of fellows got tierd in the middle and set on the side - again - at lost a part of time. Neta said that even she wasn't able to stant it. So, if she couldn't - what a chance did I have? Lucky me that I didn't try once in my life.

And the show itself. I guess it was great. I had some technic problems to pay attention and I really can't blame the performers. Usually there are no problems with Soznne Dellal - where it happen every year. This time - I could hardly get my tickets to this, although I did try when they only started to publish the details. I tried few times, my mom tried and my sister (who came with me) tried few times each. Every time their computer didn't accept us - no matter who called them and which credit card of any of our family we gave them. In the end my sister made it. Than another problem: my sister knows I love being close to stage, but she didn't want to listen to me NOT to ask for the first row. In the big hall where it happen the first row isn't convinient and even it's close - it's hard to see all details on stage. So she did ask for the first row. And like it wasn't enough - she had a problem with my clothes. And as I couldn't enjoy till the end from what my eyes see - I couldn't listen normally to the music bacause my sister told me almost all the show how much horrible are my clothes. And she didn't try to say it quiet. I was a shame that maybe Dorantes and the dancers already can hear her. From what I could see and hear (thanx sis...) - the show was almost perfect. I didn't love all - but till it get to the part I didn't like it was a short part in the end, a part of Grilo. I can say that even than it was after a long, long wonderful dance he made (and as someone who learn - it was a dificult too, and he made it amazing).

Outside - I met Neta before the show. After the show - I did think of asking Dorantes for a photo with him, but... Happened to me something which normally doen't happen to me in those cases: I got too shy. After my sister told me loud ALL the show what she thinks of my clothes. So no photos with Dorantes for proving I saw him. The best I can is uploading photos pf him which are "running" in the net



No comments:

Post a Comment