Monday, September 5, 2011

First class, new year

Yesterday started the new flamenco year. It's been a long time since I didn't take two classes at one evening, although I keep the three classes a week.

The class yesterday was interesting. It started by seeing who I know and who I don't. I thought I'll see the @#$% in the first class of medium level. I haven't. And nor did another girl who was the first to give the idea of having more classes. Last year were two classes of advanced. She thought that and hour and a half a week are not enough, but didn't think of trying the advanced. Thanks to her - one more class for medium level, and a third class for advanced. Very advanced. Most of faces I knew. Some were begginer last year and they became really good till the end of the year. Others are girls who were in the medium level last year and probably don't dare to try something harder. After I got used to be in all classes accept the begginers - it was a bit hard to see a class which is running without me. Never mind. I guess it will become too easy for me, and taking 4 classes is something which I can't afford myself.

At the advanced were two girls I know from years before and disapeared for a year or two. Now they came back. With other girls I learned I learned last year, after few more years. And there were two new girls. One of them I saw for the first time. Weird that I don't know her just when I started to think I know all. Other girl is a teenager who came for one of the classes of Bélen Maya. I saw already than how does she dance. She's a kid in my eyes, but she's good. It looks like she has a potencial to be great dancer if she wants to and keep going to classes.

Neta always gives options for palos for the classes who are not begginers anymore. It always goed in a democratic way and the palo goes through what most wants. She offered one palo which I didn't hear about before. One of the girls who I learned with for few years (a nice and tallented one who learn more years than I do) suggested to dance farruca this year, although it made originally for men. Now women has the chance to dance it too and no necesary has to be absulutly a menly kind. The farruca has been chosen. We started to work with the guitar player on the sound and started the choegrafy of our new farruca. Really ecxiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment