Friday, September 2, 2011

Manuel Liñan in Días de Flamenco

Last march the guest of honnor in Días de Flamenco was Manuel Liñan. He came with the show Tauro.
First time ever that I went alone to see a show in this festival. And one more weird thing: since I started to learn - going to flamenco shows became a social thing for me. Even if I don't go with anyone I know through flamenco - it's a thing of showing myself too and meet there people I know. I didn't see anyone I know. Only few days later I found out that my teacher came too, although we didn;t meet. One other guy came to the show in the evening later.

And the show... I never saw anything like that. No, I don't mean to anything bad. It was so uniqe. I couldn't catch all palos. My teacher said that some of the palos in the show were palos which normally dancers don't do anymore.

He came with 2 women dancers and one man dancer (sorry... didn't reconize them nither), a singer, cajon player and two guitarists. One of the guitarists was a woman. It took me a bit time to see it. Most of flamenco guitarre players are men, and she did look a bit like a men.

I had few parts I remember the most. The amazing start, a dance with a bata de cola and fin la fiesta and few minutes before.

It started in a dark stage. The singer was in one side of stage. A light opened on him alone. He held some bells. He sang. No guitarres, no dancer. Only the singer. A sad song come with a great singer and a great voice (and bells). After a while - another light on the over side of stage. Four dancers with their backs to the audiouns. They started. Slowly. Each one in a turn and show their faces. And stop. Than starts a dance.... A unique and beautiful. Near the end - the singer came to their side. The dancer made a line. The singer was in the middle. Than they danced around him. I tought it's a great start and was a bit affraid it will go down now, but it didn't

Another dance: All were on stage. One of the woman dancers with a fan. Another got into stage with bata de cola. I hardly could stop staring at this big skirt. It had few levels. A big part of it was green with red and looked a bit scotish because of the pattern. Inside there was a level of little red points on black. I could see it well from my seat. Since I started to learn I try to look really good on the steps for trying to reconize what I know and learn more. In this dance it was hard for me because of the bata. It took my attention all the time. I found myself few times gives more attention for the fabric and patern of the bata and the way it moves than the steps. And I started this year to dance with skirts like this. I recived mine not much before and I love my skirt. Still when I saw this one I didn't stop to think that I want one more bata de cola - like the one in the show.

And fin la fiesta? I can say mostly that it was a very happy mess. And the singer made many anounsments. Someone near me said that he doesn't understand and wants a translation...



No comments:

Post a Comment