Friday, October 21, 2011

The meanning

A couple of days ago a friend asked me what's the meanning of the blog's name. He asked me if it's a dancer's name. Well, never was a dancer like this but it wasn't too far from my idea.

Although that in Israel there are only few from the many flamenco dancers use stage names - it's very notmal to use a stage name in the proffensional flamenco. When we talk about the gipsys from Andelucia who make pro flamenco - they all have a stage name. Ok, that's quite enough to be from Spain and make a pro flamenco and have a stage name. Even those who has a name that sounds "regular" use a stage name. I mean to legends like Antonio Gades, Cristina Hoyos, Paco De Lucía, Camrón De La Isla, Rafael Amargo - that's all stage names. In other cases - they have some name that it's impossible to have a mistake that it's a stage name, people like Tomatito, Farruquito, El Carpeta, Chocolate....

Not too long ago I had some fun with the thought about what will be my stage name if I was a proffesional dancer. The first name was La Reina De La Luna - the queen of the moon. I thought that as far as my head is normally in the clouds (how fit with flamenco...) and every woman is a queen of her territory it will fit me. After a while I left the idea. My reasons were firstly that it's probably a lost cause to try in my age to be a pro, and accept that - maybe it's a too long name.

Still I thought it's a shame not to use this name. When I started this blog I still had the name in my head. Ok, so maybe it's too long as a stage name, but it is great to have it as my blog's name....

And I still think from time to time of the stage name I will never have. I already have a new shorter one

No comments:

Post a Comment