Friday, March 16, 2012

The class of Rocio

What a messy thing. A wonderful mess. I guess that in every good thing there is a bit of bad. For me the bad thing has started in the fact that in the way to the class of Rocio Molina I couldn't find my mobile phone and didn't know how will be able to connect when it will be over. I found a solution for the connection but was worry. After I got there I found out that there few versions about the hour and time. For me it has been told it between 10:00-12:00hr. For another one it has been told that it will take till 13:00hr. Anyone but me heard that it starts at 10:30 in the morning. At least I wasn't late. I wasn't sure that I remember right where is the studio of those classes. The place itself - of course, I go there a lot and it's one of my favorite places in Tel Aviv, but it's been 3 years ago since I learned there (in a class of Farruquito). I tried to ask someone who was busy to look like she talks in the phone. After that I asked someone else. I couldn't understand why does the studio is close and there is no one else but me for this class. Someone there asked me what do I look for. I told him that I came to the class. He looked at me like he don't understand. I said that it's the flamenco class. Oh, flamenco! It's there! and he sent me to one of the performing halls. It was my time to look like I don't understand. After a short thinking - he said that oh, I mean to classes, it where I thought it is and where he came out from. He said it still close and he's about to ask others. Then came another woman who started to talk with me. Then I found out about the different versions of hours and the fact that I came way too early. It didn't take too long till she asked me if I know that Maria Juncal is about to come. I said I do and I got into the list. She made me confuse, she started to talk with me about Rocio Molina who gives today's class, but when I answered about Rocio - that woman got back to talk about Maria and her classes. She gave a flyer for the course of Maria Juncal, never mind that I'll come and I have all details. She asked me from which studio am I. I told her that from the studio of Neta Shezaf, so she gave me some more flyers to give the girls I learn with in the studio of Neta. Then she had to tell me that she's about to go to the ladies' room like I really needed this information (and I don't). When I was alone again - the last man I was talking with came out wish a list and said it's allright and I can get in. He showed me where is the studio itself and where is the dressing room. It almost as I remembered. By the directions - it was as I remember, but the studio itself was a bit different from my memory (the floor was the main difference). Few more girls got in and the conversations between those who know each other about where are they now. Just one more girl who came and didn't try to talk with anyone and I don't think she knows anyone. She started with doing a bit of pillatis.... After a while came two more that I was sure I saw before and I couldn't say where. I think it was in the summer course I took of Belen Maya. When I was close to freak out from waiting she came and talked with some people. One of the workers in the place asked if there will be a need in the music system. One of the women who always make Dias de Flamenco happen said that it might. I went again to the dressing room to be ready to the end before it starts. There was another girl I know through the studio of Neta. She doesn't remember me and I don't mind in her case. Rocio checked the system. One woman who I remeber like I saw before in the time I went to Farruquito asked her which palo will she give us. Like it wasn't enough - she started to say names of palos. Rocio said it will be tangos. That woman said it loud. Then names reading for to know if all in the room are girls in the list. When it was my name I heard she handle with my first name (which is very ordinary in Israel), but when it was the family name... Many has a problem and it sound like she ain't different. I didn't even let her to humiliate herself in one more try, so I said loud it's me. I'm nit sure that the others were ready cause I got some shocked eyes on me. We started warming. 10 minutes or so of warming that I didn't see and made before - move just a bit the head, shoulders, hand, belly... All in little movements in a lot of silence. Then Rocio let us hear a bit music and we made some more warming, but this time a but more traditional. Mijal Natan came in this part. After a while the music has been closed and we started to work on the dance. It was and amazing and different one. I had some mistaked from time to time, but it felt so good. Something like in the middle of class Rocio asked for 5 minutes of break. All with the water. I hardly found mine. It wasn't in the place I left it. It was on the floor and I think that someone else drank from it as well. Rocio talked with the reading list and who told of us it will be tangos. The break took a bit more. The nameless woman said that Rocio asked to have a photo with all of us in the end of class for a memory. We moved on. Near the end came someone with a pro camera to take some photos of class itself. When I finally see it almost easy although it's near the end - someone else was near me, made the opposite and confused me. Like this isn't enough - she was sweating and almost pushed me to the wall cause she was too close. Some took videos, I took one myself for I could remember the steps. I'm not there, but I have it. In the end all of us came for a photo. Some gave cameras and it was hard to find a place for being in the photo and be seen (all got into this hide others). When I wanted to give my camera - most went. I started to talk with Rocio and told her how much I love her as a dancer. I asked for a photo with her alone. She said it's fine, but then the nameless woman signed me to go and hugged Rocio. They had a photo together. Then few others got a photo with her. I found someone to give my camera. She asked me if me as well. Hell yeah! I asked Rocio if it will be fine to have it in facebook. She agreed. I thanked her. I got back home happy. My mobile phone was at home, so everything was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment