Saturday, March 17, 2012

Vinática

That was one of the best things I saw lately. With all happiness of the workshop in the morning and going to the show in the evening - I had some more happiness. My good friend from Jerusalem came with her husband. I got there a bit before them and picked up my ticket. I was a bit shocked cause I remember that I recived a promise that I will sit in the third row and my ticket was for 4th row. It is a bit far in my head... When my friend and her husband came the shock moved to a little happiness - we got seat three of us together. For a start we sat in a coffee shop and had a chat. One girl who learned with me this year in the hardest class and lest too fast came and stopped talking with me. My friend said that she thinks she knows her as well from Jerusalem. That's possible. My friend wasn't sure if the workshop I took in the morning fit her. In one moment she said she might could take it. Then I let her see the video I took. Her husband looked as well. My friend said it looks cool, but in a second thought it could be too hard for her. A bit before the show itself we started both of us - my friend and me to see if there are people we know. There was someone who I'm not sure she reconize me outside facebook. When it was time to get in to the hall - there was a nice start. The curtain was already open. Rocio stood in the edge of stage with back to audience , wearing a some kind of black cloak. The fabric got to the floor of the hall itself. Her guitar player, singer and palmero were in the right and left of stage. Drank some wine and talked. She was holding a glass of wine. From time to time she took her glass up. Till all got in - 3 times the others came to stand next to her with back to audience and they "toasted" together. When the doors were closed she took her glass up and danced with it in a way that it was possible to see it's empty and the "wine" is only a color on the glass. And the show after... I got chilled. It doesn't matter how many videos of hers you'll see - it won't prepare you for seeing her live on stage. An hour and a half loss of senses. Even if Ill dance all my life I won't be able to do half what she did there. She was almost all the time on stage without many breaks, and even then it was for short times. Quite in the start she had a part that someone held for her a box with a "man target". She knocked on it a beat, lean on it and danced. This dance was a crazy legs work which is possible if you're half a god and keep knocking on the box. This show was full in a crazy legs work and amazing ideas which show a lot of imagination. And there were few parts that showed her sense of humor. There was another part with a box that she let it fall and danced in it amazing. After the first part with the fake wine - she took another glass of wine which was there in the back and spilled the wine. This time it was real wine. She did it few more times at the show. Twice she danced to wine glasses that were on stage. In the second time - around it, on it, near it with a crazy legs work, and broke it with a lot of meaning. many little glasses around and spilled wine. Some breathes were taking this part. I can't explain the reason - but this brake of glass just thrilled me in a good way. Near the end - the guitar player and the palmero were alone on stage. The guitar player played, the palmero answered him in knocking on a barrel that was on stage. Rocio got back to stage. She and the palmero knocked together on the barrel. From time to time each one of them stopped to do a legs' trick. THe guitar player still made his part. So simple and so genius in the same moment. In the end there was a dark and sounds of some more braking things. Rocio came back to the black cloak and was connected to one more thing. Her people behind her. She came back to edge of stage and "fell" to the audience. She was half in the air and still dances. Someone from first row took a photo. In the end most of audience stood and clapped. I stood as well. As I said - one of the best things I saw lately and it doesn't matter how many videos of hers you'll see - there is nothing like watching Rocio Molina on stage. It's a thrill. If Rocío Molina comes to your area with Vinática - I offer you NOT to think, run to get your tickets! You won't be sorry for seeing it, but I will be sorry for you if you'll miss it. When we got out I met a friend of my parents who loves flamenco. We talked and looks like that he didn't know that he's about to see such an amazing thing. It didn't disturb him to be pleased. After that we still weren't hurry. My friend and me got some photos together that her husband took. My friend from the studio of Neta found me. I don't know where she was hidden till this moment. We talked a bit and she was hurry to go. One more amazed person from the show. My friend from Jerusalem and her husband said they thinks that it could be a great end to the show if Rocio would have smacked the man who took a photo of hers when she "fell". They gave me a ride home and here I am - write about a great show I saw and all around it

No comments:

Post a Comment