Monday, April 16, 2012

Almost normal (getting back to classes again)

After the holidays, after the parties, shows and workshops - getting back to the regular classes. Although I made some great things (and many) in this little vacation - amazing how did I miss it. I was the first to come from the students of the farruca class. Because of the vacation I wasn't sure if the guitar player will come this time or next week. This time he didn't come. The other class was full. I went to change. As far as it's dancing like men - no new skirt. I changed for pants that more fit for dancing than jeans. Still - my new skirt was ready in my bag just in case... A bit after I got back - the fat woman came, the nice one and the quiet girl. I sat like nothing happened. After they came it was the time to remember that I need my vest. In the last moment my friend and the other kido came. Saying hello and go the kids to apologize the I didn't wish them luck before the contest (they took a part in the sevillanas' contest at the feria). They didn't know if they won or not but said it was fun. I told them that the fun part is the most important. My friend asked me to tell the nice one how was the workshop of Maria Juncal. I said she missed cause it was fun. Neta asked us how was the workshop of Maria Juncal. Funny how many times did the word "fun" repeated itself in 5 minutes. I told Neta the I want to see how can I combine two-three things from what I learned from Maria in my guajira. My friend told Neta that we saw many photos of hers when she was young. The nice one asked where. We both answered fast that in the studio of Silvia Duran. Starting warming. At least this time I didn't have to fight on the air conditioner - one was working. Still it wasn't very cold and it was smelly after the other class. It wasn't TOO bad after the sauna and smell at the studio of Silvia. After a while - I didn't really notice the smell. I'm not sure if it's because the smell was over or did I get used to it. Neta asked the quiet kido how were the new steps. She remembered. The question how does she remember came up. The nice one said something a bit less nice than she used to - "wait till you'll get to age 30...". And dancing. The husband of the fat woman came back to watch us through the window like a Peeping Tom. Now it's from a bit far - like it's impossible to see him as well. Damn, coming back to dance, I didn't dance it for too long and I can't think on the steps as I should - I have a crazy man who looks at me through the window. At brakes of dancing and practice some little things to make it better - I took a water brake. I got near the window - he ran to hide. Got back dancing - he got back watching. What the $#@%! Do I really have to drink all class for I won't need to see him? Near the end of class Neta said that she wants to start a line of flamenco clothes' and it will start in pants for we'll dance in it in the end of year. I asked her if it will be ready till than. No answer... My friend told her that I bought a new beautiful skirt from Raquelita. Come on! Show Neta your new skirt! I took out my skirt. No comment. Ok, why don't you wear it? I took it on the pants for making it faster and not to take too long on the class' time. In flamenco classes it's enough in a new skirt for making your popularity better - at least in this studio. It isn't new to me, but it amazed me every time. I heard from few it's beautiful. My friend said it makes me look thinner as well. One of the girls said it's a beautiful skirt, but it looks very not comfortable - something the edge. I told her it's a very comfortable - I danced in last week at the workshop of Maria Juncal and it was great. My friend said it looked this way when I danced in it. The girl with doubt asked to touch the fabric. I let her and she got the edge for a moment. The nice one asked to try it as well. I told her that it will be huge on her for sure (she's much thinner that I do, although I'm still much thinner than the fat woman).She said she knows. I let her. It was big on her. I told her that Raquelita has it in sizes, in smaller as well. She wasn't sure if to buy or not although she liked as well. She asked if I can give her the skirt for showing it for the seamstress who made us the batas for the seamstress will make her in her size. I wan't sure cause it's my new amazing skirt and the best cost enough for a worry. She remind me that we don't know since yesterday. I said yes in the end, but it won't happen now. Now - we have 2-3 more minutes, did the class finish? Neta said that if we all sat to chat - yes, it did finish. No chance that we'll be able to do a bit more. I wasn't hurry to change. The Peeping Tom, and my friend wanted to show Neta the video that she took at the workshop of Maria Juncal. I just had to say how amazing was it. I can't remember who asked - but we have been asked if we're been there together. Yes, we did. In the same thing? YEAH! As three of us watch and some comes for a moment to watch as well I said that she let us practice using left hand with the fans and it was very weird for me although I'm left handed. The quiet girl asked if I'm left handed. I said yes. She said that she's as well and we getting used to use our right hands. Yeah, we do... Till the video was over - the fat woman and her husband/Peeping Tom has gone. I could change normally at the studio. I told Neta that the workshop of Maria Juncal was fun - accept it was very hot and crowded in the studio. My friend said that Neta knows, she grew up in this studio. I left again the last one inside the studio - not much after my friend and the nice one. And this evening - a bata class instead of a missing one a long time ago

No comments:

Post a Comment