Monday, May 21, 2012

The new stand

One more farruca class. All fellows of the medium level were there and already worked on the standing in the end of year party. I was the only one from my class almost till the last moment. One moment before it started - the others came. Most of others. The kids were after me, the fat woman, the nice one came with the ballerina... My friend and the one who didn't know we'll dance in pants didn't come. I think it's a miss they didn't come cause it starts to be important for the end of year. As I know myself - what we had this class was the target of making me hysterical before the end of year. The standing has started. For a start we had a warming as usual. Almost usual... A killing one. One air conditioner. Neta said it's really cold there, so it went down with chilling the studio. And we started with a deadly legs' warming. Right away to practice some new things we worked on in the last classes. In one point Neta asked how does go the new part (one of many). The kido with the unique name (and the sweeter one) started to dance a part from last week. Neta said it's too new, but a moment after it was the part we started to practice. In one older thing we got to practice (and still a new one) - I noticed that Neta looks at my face, not even the movement or steps - the face. She did it last week as well in the same point. Ok, try to keep dancing. If it's getting close to the end of year - it's better to give attention to the way I dance, not to the weird comments. And do it again. And again. And I couldn't not notice this weird comment - every time in the very same point Neta looks at my face. I guess that I should take it as a complement. In the last time - I couldn't help it and looked back. Neta started to smile. Ok, now I'm sure it's a complement. I started to smile too... Later on Neta asked us to dance all the farruca, but not before we'll decide about the standing in the end of year. A short talk about the end of year and we're back to business. Like every year - Neta asked who wants to be in the first row. I said that although the risk - I want to. No one else said a word. Then we has been sent to three rows. I found myself in the third one - too close (again) to the fat woman who will "dance" near me and in the crack between the nice one and ballerina who are both in the middle row. I asked if I'm really that behind. Neta said that I can't get all. The ballerina had some "wisdom" words about what will happen and who will see it. I didn't know that she's a @##$%! And what the hell does she know? I didn't even bother to answer, but Neta tried to go one with this line that everyone will see and the way of chairs in the hall. In the first time we made all dance this class I had some troubles. I missed very few steps that I didn't remember because of time, the nice one and ballerina forgot their places and I had to find my way to see the mirror and the way that the "audience" will see me, and this is before we remind the fact that this standing and the fact I can't have all confused me. In the second time it was easier, but I still don't like the fact I'm behind with the fat woman. In our entrance there is a part we're all go down to the floor. She stands. Near the end - kneel twice. I do it all the time - others most of times. She never do it. She's too clumsy for trying. I don't think that I'm in this level unless it's a try to show that I'm much better than her and she's not able to be in the first row. We had few changes in the dance. Few steps we all made to the mirror (our audience) we'll make now as two groups who dance to each other when the audience will see our sides/half sides. In the last time - our entrance will be a bit different as well. We all were together when the guitar has started and waited. Now we'll all get in when the guitar will start to play instead of waiting, but my side (with the nice one and the ballerina) will come fast from the other side and will make a turn for dancing all as usual. The nice one suppose to be the first one from my "group" to get into stage. When Neta gave us to hear the recording - they hardly moved. I didn't know if I should "run" to my place cause I'm not suppose to be before the nice one, but she didn't really move. Neta stopped the music. She asked again to do the entrance in the new way. The nice one and the ballerina said almost with a cry it wasn't clear to them. And dancing for the last time for tonight. This time it felt to me better. Still I forgot one of the new things of tonight and almost didn't do it at all. Later one - it finish with a tango part. I could hear Neta say to change our looks in the faces. In the end she said that we'll work on look more like a group. She said that next week the clothes will probably will come. I remind her that next week will be a holiday and her assistant sent an e-mail that next Sunday we won't have any class because of it. Oh, so next time.... When I got back home I received one more e-mail that has no connection to the studio, but has a connection to flamenco information in the summer. This end of July will start a flamenco festival in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm not sure that I will be able to go although I wanna from a real important reason: Miguel Angel will perform there and will give a workshop. So will Charo Espino and Angel Muñoz. I have two "posters" - one for the show of Miguel, the other one for the workshops of three of them (Miguel, Charo and Angel), but I have a little technical problem. In the moment that I will be able - it will be uploaded to the blog (for the lucky ones who will be able to be there)

No comments:

Post a Comment