Monday, September 24, 2012

Both sides of the alegria

There were very few in the medium level class this time. At least the assistant didn't try to talk with me or anything... There was a big girl who was sitting there and waiting. I know her a bit - once we have been through together a workshop of Belén Maya, and last year the kids brought her for regular classes at Neta's studio for once or twice. I came almost in the last moment, I'm happy that I made it to change clothes quietly... I even had some time to have a short talk with the guitar player before my class has started. And to ask Neta something. Yeah, she's the best here, but I really hated the answer. When she started to teach us to dance with batas - a sister of a @#$% came to take some photos of us. We have been told NOT to upload those photos to facebook. From some reason - I received mostly the warnings. I took some photos of Neta in the port of Tel Aviv when she danced there not much later. I published the only photo that Neta improved although it was in an open place and anyone can take some photos and upload wherever they wants. In the summer - I had a real drama with her cause a friend of mine and her husband came to the end of year show. He took some professional photos (which is aloud to do in our shows as long it is without the flash light). The photos has been uploaded to facebook while having the full credit where and when it was taken. The photos were great and I wasn't the only one who wrote some good comments. Yeah, Neta wrote herself as well. And she is a friend in facebook of my friend. And after a week or two - a real drama. Neta was angry with me about the photos and asked me to tell my friend to remove those photos cause it's forbidden. And she has some weird things about my friends... And my friend was upset that Neta needed to tell me that something is wrong instead of to write her through facebook. And my friend already thought that our friendship is about to crush because of this story. So, back to the photos from the bata class. I saw that Neta made a comment about a photo. It was a photo from this class without any credit. The the comment was that the name of the teacher should be there. "Kisses". I asked Neta what that suppose to mean. Oh, yeah, there is a photo in facebook. I said that I remember that we have been told NOT to do it. Neta just pulled her shoulders and didn't get what's wrong. Our class has started - includes the big girl. Almost all of us came. Legs' warming. In one point we became two groups - one group dance and other one makes palmas. I was in the palmas' group. And each one of them made it a bit alone. And then us started to dance. We were running with the bit. I was the last one to do it alone. I made it pretty short till I got fixed and told that my heals don't make enough sound this time. And all of us together. My friend came just for the practice on the alegria we started. Some argues till all could remember what was there. Legs' part again. Near the end - taking out our shawls and practice with it. It was easier this time, but I'm still a bit rusty and I should have a new one. My shawl is a bit too small for me and it's tearing apart. I saw in one part that Neta looks at me in a way that I couldn't know the meaning. I stopped while holding the shawl in both hands in the air. She asked me to go on. I made it. It wasn't perfect and she told me what to fix. A moment later - much better. And better. That was a little part of a practice. When we really danced - I got a complement or two that I do it as it should be done (while others probably made it as well, but haven't been told). Once I made the steps a bit too short.... And we made some new steps for the alegria. And over for now........

No comments:

Post a Comment