Friday, January 25, 2013

Hay mucho calor!

I went this evening to the workshop of Shuky Shveiky and Adva Yermiyahu which includes information by the flamenco researcher Idit Suslik. When I came - I wasn't sure from where to get into the class. I saw that the office is in the place where it published, while the place I remember I saw there a show is in the other side of the road. I made a try to get into the office, but it was locked (although it was easy to see behind the glass that some people inside). Then I heard someone called from the other side of the road: "Mrs! Mrs!". She meant to me. I'm getting old if someone call me this way. I made the payment, but till it happen - she was talking on the phone and I saw a part of the list of people who comes this evening. I know that from a weird reason - many people has a problem with my second name, so when I signed in the phone I made something which I got used to do when I say my name - I told in the moment after which letters in the family name. It didn't help this time (like some other times). I hate when it happen. Doesn't she understand Hebrew? When she finished talking - I asked her to fix it, so she thought I'm the girl I know through Facebook and I met face to face in the workshop of Miguel (who also signed). No, I'm Orna. So she made a try to fix, and no, we don't speak the same. She "fixed" in the wrong place and she didn't like the fact I want her to write my name as it should. 

After the drama - Adva came and although she never saw me before outside Facebook before - I didn't have to tell her anything. She knew who I am. She made the "hello" in a very polite and kind way till I started to relax. The secretary is stupid, but at least one thing which show that I'm about to take my time with at least one normal person.... And two girls I know through Facebook came, both of them at nice as well. One as I said - O met for the first time in the workshop of Miguel. The other one is a good friend of hers (probably the best friend) who I met before - once at the feria when we understood we're Facebook friends only after the meeting, and once we both went to the same show in the shows' hall of this place and we talked. 

The thing itself... It started in a little late and for the first moment it was possible to see it's the first time they do it all together this way. The class room was made in one part which made for seating and because it's mostly school for music - it has some tools there for recording and so. And a little place which can be a tiny stage with a wooden floor which fit to practice dancing. The "stage" made in a weird way - for watching the mirror it fit to two and a half lines which few people can stand one after another. 

The first part was telling about. This time it was cantiñas. I forgot that accept being a palo of it's own - it's something which made after it few other palos. One of them is the alegria. Idit told us about the whole thing of cantiñas, and about the main palos which got out of it. Few things I knew - some I forgot and some didn't. At least she had some new things also to for me (like getting into deep in some palos that I didn't learn and came out of it, some dancers and musicians which I don't know well enough or not at all and made mostly those palos....). And she told about things that other researchers found out. I still see this part as important, but it was a bit hard. Like it isn't enough I still in a kind of jet lag from the elections day - I don't know know if it was because she was nervous, if because I came tired, with no reason or with - I didn't feel too much that I'm touched by this part. And Shuky (who started as a guitar player and made a choice to start sinning) - sang to us and played a guitar. What he made was to show us the difference between the main palos of the cantiñas. And he sang to us a letra of alegria which made for our learning. 

Not much more time for this part, so we watched very few videos (less than they meant to show us). For a start it was showing us the singers. Shuky made the choice who we'll see - the only two from the larger list. We saw a part of Chano Lobato for a start, After that - also Fernanda de Utrera. I never heard before about Fernanda, and looks like it's about time. After that - we saw a short part of another video for we'll see dancing with bata de cola and manton, Once again - Chano Lobato sang. The dancer - Metilde Coral. I hate to say it, but I didn't know her before. In the first moment O thought "is that's all?". In the second moment my  "jaw fell" when I saw in which perfection she made difficult moves. 

Second part - we all sat closer. Three guitar players came, all the rest - dancers. Idit said it's the first and last time she walk in the middle. Shuky made a practice with us on the letra of alegria he sang earlier. He told us which options there are to sing it and which is the best for dancers. We've been asked to do palmas if we can, and please - try to sing or hum. He said that it isn't for a contest of a pretty sinning, it's for we'll know better where everything "seats".

10 minutes brake. 

The guitar players went to another room with Shuky and with someone I'm sure she dance. The dancers in the same room. We all changed only the shoes. Adva trained with us few steps of alegria. It was the first time in my life that I danced alegria in jeans. It was really little place for it, and the few who came - so crowded. In some points I thought I'm gonna fall from the edge. Eti Guri who's another singer came. I mostly heard about her till now. In reality - she's a girl with a small body. Something in her face and hair looked to me very close to Janis Joplin (and although Janis never made flamenco - I see it as a complement for Eti). Adva asked her to sing for us while we practice. Eti accepted. I guess it took me few moments because of who-I-know-that-likes-her till I started to make a try and listen to her. Well... Not only looks like Janis Joplin, she sounds like "if Janis Joplin sang flamenco". I made dew mistakes. Near the end - Adva fixed me on one tragic mistake. Much more clear now. 

Shuky and the guitar players came. They say near the "stage" and we turned to them. Ok, which way well mix it? Shuky and Adva made a choice how it's gonna be and showed us once. I went a bit back for letting Adva her space. When the showing finished - I felt finger nails push my back and shoulder. It was a horrible woman who made a try to take all attention in the first part. When we made this mix and practice other ways - the horrible woman gotin me all the time, sometimes she even came into me from places I couldn't see her till it happened. And it became SO hot there! The sweat... And who wants to do it alone? No one did. So the horrible woman and another one made a try together. After that - Adva took one by one to do it with her. She made a try that one or two will try with her. It became more. She asked me if I want as well. In the start I said that I don't but when I saw that almost all will dance with her while the horrible one isn't one of them - I changed my mind. So did the horrible woman who came to get into me again. We made few more time tries. Even when we all stood - the horrible woman got into me. So in that moment - she started o feel my palms and my elbows. She started to take a space after one of my elbows got into between .... Adva promised to give us 10 more minutes after the class was meant to end because of the late.We received much more time. Instead the class will end at the hour 20:30 - it ended almost at 21:00.

In the end I said goodbye to people I knew there. All were too busy. Accept of Adva. I don't remember with who she was talking outside, but she stopped to say goodbye as well and she thanked me for coming. She said it was good to see me sweat. Well, I enjoy when things like that makes me sweat - even when it's too crowded. I told her that next time I will come for sure as well and it's possible that also in the third round. She was happy to hear it. Although it's the first time I officially meet her and really talk with her - I believe that her happiness and kindness are real. Now when I saw from close site how she dance dance and how she is - it's fit to my theory that flamenco is full in people who are nice as they dance. And I'm truly happy I made it, even with all the little things that made it less than perfect. 

In the way back - I missed a but which could save me a walk. I didn't want to wait, so I walked home breathing like a thirsty dog. In the middle of the way I met by chance the girl from the company of Neta who likes the fact I write this blog. She asked me what happen. I told her about the workshop. She said I look like after body works. She's said it's great I still have the "drive" and go on with it. She still loves flamenco, but have her reasons to have a brake from it and makes some yoga instead. There was a time I couldn't believe that I could say it, but it was nice seeing her as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment