Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Workshop of Maria Juncal, day one

I came before time, enough to change slowly. I didn't remember that the way to the studio smell THAT bad. The door to the studio was closed. There was a sign that asked not to get in before the door is open, whoever needs to change - there is a purple door near there which made for the changing room. A very small room with cabins for the shoes/bags. The daily bag I took with me. Meanwhile two others talked about if it's gonna be with mantons. There was no official thing they said, but I heard something. One if the girls went out cause it was too crowded for her. I asked the other one. She wasn't sure as well. Not much after - my friend came. She talked with some others who I don't know, and with me. I kinda took her for myself. She didn't like that the door was closed cause she wanted to see what's going on inside. We saw two old ladies who came each for her own, the older one we both remembered we saw before in workshops. The other one said "hello" to me. I didn't think I left so much impression on her, but I did. She remembered me from the last workshop of Miguel.

The class of advanced finished a moment before our class was meant to start. Neta and Ilan were in their way out. Ilan warned me that I'm about to be surprised. From what?? I guess it was a little joke that gonna be big. Inside I said hello for two others who I know. One of them fit the advanced for sure (she's a professional dancer and I know she's good in it). The other one... From the bit I saw her dancing - she's mostly brave. Maria already knows my friend. My friend really adores her, that much till it's her fourth time she takes a workshop with Maria. Last time I went because of my friend, this time - only because I wanted. I was there when it happened - when Maria saw my friend - she said to my friend it's nice to see her again. And kisses on the cheeks. 

Our class started in few minutes late. All were ready with their mantons, maybe accept me. My shawl was ready, but it was near my bottle of water. Even if it's with mantons - I'm sure there is a warming first. Maria was the one who was taken by surprise. Really? Mantons? We've been told it's with mantons? Put aside. She wasn't sure if she must give us a class of mantos, but even if this part will come - there is a warming. We had a long legs' warming. Some of steps were new to me, but most of time there was something which was last time too and I forgot about it. It wasn't too hard, some simple steps which become easier when you know it or start to remember from the other time. Still, for someone who do better the higher part of body and the energy it needed - I got tired pretty fast. And this studio has a terrible floor, it isn't a wood. 

A water brake. My friend who was dancing in another part of the studio came to talk with me. Just for to know how do I handle. I started to say why does it's good I'm there, a moment before I started to mix it with other workshops I went to. My friend started to mix the workshop with the classes of Neta. I finished a half water bottle in this brake. So hot there!

Hand's warming. The woman who brought Maria to Israel took few short videos from the class. The guitar player started to take a real part in class. Maria asked him to play us a taranto. Fine! I can do it forever! Lets' see - Maria Juncal, hands' part and taranto.... Just perfect! Still, this part was quite short. 

And to a dance. One more alegria... Don't get me wrong: I love alegrias, but I rather see others who dance this palo than dancing it myself. And I start to feel I really had enough of it. I danced it a lot. I didn't really like the idea in the start, but... Too late to change my mind. Or not. It took my dew minutes to like this alegria. And no, it wasn't too bad to dance it. And we didn't need our mantons, it doesn't even fit to the moves of  hands here. If we took our mantons - I'm not sure we had the space for it. Mantons needed a lot of space and even without it - we were on the edge of how many can be there in the studio. 

The door was open. Some of the girls who came to beginners' level came. I saw one of the girls from this studio that I met in the day I came to pay. She wasn't all the time near the door, but she was for a long time. After a short time - she was staring at me. Just me. In the first moment it made me forget "being" in class. After a moment - I hoped that I give her a good reason to look at me. I made my best to keep some of my powers and dance the best I can for she would like what she see. I don't really know why was it so important for me, but the way she looked.... After a while I was pleased. She looked at me in a way that I could understand as "I wanna dance this way too". Few times I saw the one who doesn't stop talking. She looked few short times too. When they started to make too much noise - the door has been closed. Silence, but no one looks. 

Few more times. Once again all the alegria, once again a little part of it, once again all the alegria, once again a short part.... Our class ended few minutes late. Maria said we shouldn't be worry - we have two more days. The door was too closed - we couldn't go out. Someone said it's better this way - if to get stuck - this is the place. Well, there is something in what she said, but I have a dos and a blog to take care for. And the water started that I drank started to sign me where I should go first.... The door was locked. After it got open - there was a talk about skirts. I went to change. Outside some checked flamenco skirts. Not all was worth looking - too many colors at once. It didn't disturb all. I didn't want to take off some more money, mostly if I wasn't sure that I like it. And I wanted to... And I didn't want to to it there, to smelly and not clean enough. I told my friend who checked a skirt about those who looked, said goodbye and got back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment