Thursday, March 28, 2013

Workshop of Maria Juncal, day two

When I came - my friend was already there. The door was open and she stood there and looked with few more girls. I changed fast in the dressing room. The flamenco shoes I took on while sitting on the floor near the door to the studio. I stood up and looked as well. Some wanted to pass away. In this point - they made a try to make it polite with no disturbing - not to me and not to the people in the studio. I looked who was there and how did they make it. What they danced was beautiful, but... The bimbo was there near Neta. I'm used to that the bimbo has one "face" of misery while she dance. She looked with more misery than the usual. Idit was there at my site. She made it better than I gave her credit for, but she didn't look too happy. 

Changing classes and levels. Their class was over, some started to get out, we got in. The studio of Neta became a little group there. I joined them after I took a place for my bag and water. I don't know if they didn't have much conversation anyway. I told Ilan that now after he didn't believe me about the floor... He didn't let me finish. He said that this floor isn't fit for dancing and his feet hurts because of it. I should write how much terrible is this floor for the whole world would know. Mijal was there. I asked her how was it. The only thing she had to say was "watch your feet!". 

A moment before our class has started officially - the woman who brought Maria said that will be some changes about the hours tomorrow. Some said that of course - tonight starts the "summer clock". She didn't mean only to this. The advanced who start tomorrow after we do will start 20 minutes before they meant to, the medium level will start a half an hour before we meant for. Looks like Maria remembers me too. I don't know if it's only from tomorrow or from last year. She said to me personally "hello" after tapping on my shoulder.  Adi who own the studio said that she collect some money for a gift for Maria. Who ever wants to take a part - in the end of class will give her 10 NIS and check that she write it. Tomorrow Maria will receive it.

Once again - a long legs' warming. One of the advanced looked at me. I think I know who, but I made a try not to give attention for her. Just try to pay attention to class.... Some of the steps from yesterday and last year has gone, overs got few versions. We didn't make all the time with the beat when we did it without her. We made it over and over in a try to make it better. Once she told us we must do on the beat and not in the way the legs wants it to be. If we'll do it as the legs "wants" - we'll do it faster than it meant to be and we'll miss the beat. Once we all stopped and Maria stood next to one of the students. She wanted to know how does this student make this step. Maria said she do it very little and have to make bigger moves with the legs. By the way - we all should. And all this time - I stood after a @#$%. I saw the mirror when the class has started. It didn't take long till it didn't matter where did I go - she moved with me and I saw her back instead of the mirror. After half warming I made a try not to take care, that at least I don't see my mistakes. It didn't really help - I rather see my mistakes in the mirror than to see her back and her mistakes. 

A short water brake. My friend came again to talk with me. 

Move on to hands' warming. No music. The guitar player was looking. I made a try to stand in a better place, but another started to show me her back. At one point Maria stopped for correcting one of the girls. She asked the girl to hold her hand near the elbow. While this girl holds her hand - she made the move. Things went brighter to the girl this way and we could move on. One more stop. Maria said that dancing isn't comfortable. The moves aren't natural for the way we normally are. A dance is making the unnatural moves to look easy.

While the girls from beginners started to come - we started to practice our alegria. We made it again and again. Some of times - all the alegria, some we took a part. In the alegria - Adi joined us like yesterday (did I tell about it yesterday?). This time the beginners were quite. The girl who looked at me a lot yesterday looked again, but not for long this time. Her friend looked more instead. We learned few more steps for the alegria. And once again all. And last one. An a real last one. And again. 

Our class ended. I had to wait cause I wanted to take a part in the gift for Maria and Adi was busy with someone else. A moment after - also the woman who brought Maria caught her. I went out. Someone called Adi. Probably one of her students. She told Adi that "one of the teachers...." Adi came with her. The meaning was to Neta. After the class of advanced was over - Neta left some flyer in the dressing room. Flyers for her flamenco clothes with a promise that everyone who buy a skirt/dress/whatever from the clothes in her design get a month of dancing in her studio without to pay. Adi and at least one student took out the flyers. I think they through it away. Accept one. I needed to wait again. The dressing room was tiny and already full. I was talking with my friend this time. After a while - the woman I know from the workshop of Miguel started to talk with me. It was more to tell each other where do we learn. She told me she was in the studio of Mijal for years (a good reason how come she felt there at home) and now she's in that studio - of Adi. Then - Adi started to talk with me. I'm from the studio of Neta, don't I? Yes I am. To tell her something? Well, never mind.  Neta suppose to come tomorrow, so she will talk with her. Someone came out from the dressing room. I could go and change. 

Tomorrow - one more class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment