Friday, June 28, 2013

Coming there, have a free workshop

At least I had a ride to there. Almost till Suzanne Dellal. Well, there works on the road near the entrance and a bit before. Usually I get tickets to shows in a rush to get a good place. This time - I knew that I want to see Maria Toledo and somehow I took the time. So, if I'm already there - I didn't have to call. The good thing - still received a ticket in the best place in the hall, and today I found out that I can get the ticket with a discount. While I was near the ticketing office I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone asked "for what are you buying?". It was the weirdo who I didn't see for a long time. She came with a friend she didn't know. She wasn't really sure for which does she want (Maria Toledo, Titanium or Aida Gomez). In the end she checked out about Titanium. For this show - only bad places left. 

Moving on to the yard between the buildings. There was a little stage for these kind of things outside. I saw there Mijal. I came to say hello and told her that I got the message (she brought Jose Moro for performing with him and for the workshops). Jose Moro was next to her, but he doesn't really knows me, so how ruse could I be? I left them alone a moment after and sat down with the weirdo and her friend. We were talking. Till Jose Moro was up on stage. He had a little microphone from the kind of stuck to the face. I jump to see what's gonna happen (a workshop!). 

He told about the palo of tangos. He told that here is also Hugo David Alvarez (oh... I didn't notice he's there...). He started to teach the palmas. Some were stood there and made what he said. Includes me and the friend of the weirdo. The weirdo looked from the side. I took photos and got back. He was teaching few steps. The bimbo came and hugged the weirdo. They started to talk. I said "hi" and got back dancing. After a while I was disturbing their conversation. Does any of them accept to take a photo or two of mine dance before it will be dark? The bimbo a bit laughed that I started to dance. The weirdo accepted. Sweet of her. The photos of mine from there are photos that she took of mine in my camera. 

The people there... I guess that me and the friend were the only flamencas in the audience who danced. The others were people in all ages - from kids to people who looked like they have at least 60 years in this world. In the start all were doing what was teaching like a mirror. With time - all moved to make as he does without the mirror. He asked for it and showed how to make some of the steps without the mirror affect. He was very pleased from the way all danced and the rush it goes with material. One of the things he wanted to make it clear - one step (which I do every Thursday) that we must do it wild like "gitanos". He was speaking English most of time with getting into it few words in Spanish from time to time. Accept once that he learned by this time the word "sheva" which mean "seven" in Hebrew. He said it's the only word he knows. So he asked us to make one of the steps "sheva times". It was funny. Well, he made it fun and he has something really cute till I didn't give a damn that I do something really basic which is way too easy for me. 

The class has started with some people. Some more joined. With time (mostly in the middle) we became at least double than we started. It was easy to see that I'm surrounded by Israelis who are not used to dance flamenco. It was outdoors, what's the problem with space? The highlight with how to get space that not fit was when three friends joined in the middle. Two of them started dancing next to me. The third thought I'm air and she stood in the front of me in a way I saw only her and she was too close. How close? I didn't accept to move, so she started to step on me. She said she's sorry and went on stepping on me, said she sorry, a thing which didn't disturb her to go on stepping on me.... So I moved. I made the same space - I was in the front of her in a way that she had to give up before I'll step on her. She moved away. 

The class took an hour. Jose asked many times how long does he have. Oh, half an hour? We have time! He said that he thought that he will have to take an hour to teach what he was teaching in half an hour. One thing he forgot himself one of the steps from the happiness that we learn a lot. Hugo made a try to help him. I noticed that it wasn't all, but it wasn't in the studio, so I couldn't argue. Jose asked the music. It helped him to remember. It was as I remembered. I surprise myself from time to time. 

In the middle it started to be dark. Some More lights. Jose almost cried. The new lights made him blind. After few minutes those lights turned off. Some little lights and nothing more. 

After it finished - Mijal said when will start the show. I had time for dinner in one of the restaurants  there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment