Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The great rehearsal

It meant to be 3 hours. Once again I came almost in the last moment and thought that I'm about to be late. I didn't. Near the studio I saw the tall one getting into a supermarket and looked like she doesn't notice me. Inside the studio - only Neta, one of her daughters and Ilan. It took them a little time to notice me (oh, the conversation). The first thing I've been asked (by Ilan) was "What are you doing here so easrly?". Neta said we'll give 10 more minutes. I went to change. Well, both her daughters were there - the other one was outside. And they meant to dance with us. 

It took some time, but almost all came. When I came back it looked a bit like a festival. There is also a group of kids. Some came with stuff "for sale" on stage. Neta gave them dresses and fans. Even the new nice one who said that she won't take a part in the show came to watch. It was very disturbing that my friend didn't come... One of the old women thought that the sleeves of my dress are disturbing. Isn't too hot? It is, but it's the best I have. Ilan started to practice his own dance. He said that probably he will dance it at the show, but he thinks it doesn't fit. Andrue was suppose to come, but he wasn't there all the rehearsal. 

The thing itself - Neta gave us pieces of papers with the order of the show. The rehearsal has started. Neta made something with her daughters. Next thing which looked to me as disturbing. If that would be the start people would think they came to the wrong place... They "called" the other girls who were acting like they are sleeping. We made our part like it's a part of class. The legs'  drill with the stretching before. There was one part that didn't go perfect. We fixed it. We received lots of claps, even before we ended it.

There was a question if the kido will make her own solo. She said that of course she would. She danced a buleria with a recorded music. It looked beautiful!

The kids' group. They started last year. Hard to say it was something complicated and they didn't make it perfect (mostly one of them), but they're little kids. Even their mistakes are forgiven and they looked so cute, all of them. At some point Neta told them that there is a problem with the music, but they would go on to dance. Everybody started to do them palmas. I have no words to describe how unique was that moment.

The beginners made their part. Only two girls left for showing it. The music was on again.  I went out for a moment. Outside there was my friend. She was there with the girl from Haifa who was late, the "ballerina" and.... I can't remember. She looked great. She felt the holiday on her skin, I noticed ... How to call it? Some kind of inner light that was shining out from her. She had a fabric strip in her hair. She thought it made her look religious. I thought it made her look like a hippie. I was talking a bit with her and got back into the studio.

The group of garrotín stated their thing. I was sitting and looking. At the middle I moved away. I knew that next part would be the siguiryia and I have to make my entrance from the other side. There were things I didn't know about the garrotín and saw for the first time. There was a a connection with the kids for a moment. One of the girls asked Neta again and again when comes their part. Neta answered again and again that she would help and tell them. Near the end she did sign them. The kids came in and waved their fans. They came out and the group of garrotín made their end.

One of the girls of garrotín was shocked - I took her place! And adult person who has a kid herself and behave like she's a baby because I was sitting there and it was her place. I didn't think it was worth even to answer her. 

 We started our siguiryia. All the group was there, but not all came into the studio. We still started. The place of the big baby was ready for her again, but she didn't sit. We started the siguiryia as it was. The man came in from outside. The fat woman was yelling at him "Where are you?". At that moment Neta stopped the music and asked us to start again. I wasn't sure I received all the space I needed all the time. There was a point that even it was easy for me - I almost danced when I was suppose just to stand. We received claps again. 

We moved fast to the alegria. Again - few points with so little space. Neta didn't say a word. The girl from Haifa wanted to share my space at the start. Neta fixed it. I felt I have a wonderful and unusual space from the other side and didn't understand it at the first moment. Oh, the non clean one didn't come... At few moments I enjoyed my new space THAT much till I forgot to stay at my place. Quite at the start the manton of the girl from Haifa and mine got into each other for a moment and made me do something which I didn't mean to. Instead of being afraid of it - it only gave me an idea of how to get out from it in a good way, also in other mistakes - in case it would happen. Not all went out perfect, but it felt good. We needed to return to the end again and again. We meant to do it in a circle now and I have to go after the girl from Haifa. She got a "blackout" and stopped moving. It took her few moments to notice I'm waiting for her while waving my manton. And my friend still didn't know this end. We made it something like 3-4 times to make it perfect. 

We had an end to the alegria, but we didn't have a way to go out from the middle of stage. Now we had the buleria of fin la fiesta. Because I was so tired and the few times I'm going in and out for dancing - I forgot from which side I'm getting into the buleria. The bimbo reproached me for that. And as far as she doesn't dance the alegria - she could tell me from where and how do I go out from it. She's fine most of time, but in this moment I started to dream on the slap I couldn't give to her face. I left my manton next to her and went to my place. Neta said that we all should know from where do we go in and out. 

We made the buleria of all of us together. Neta didn't want to stay on the solos. We made two or three times the part with her. 

Then she asked the little girls and the group of garrotín to stay for another round. The others can go. Outside few helped my friend with the alegria. Ilan helped the man and the tall one with the legs' drill and the  siguiryia. Neta went out for a moment and said she's proud in us and we're champions. 

And now it was the time of buying a gift for Neta from all the studio. It was Ilan's duty. He went with the new nice one. I said that at least a part of the way I'm coming with them. In a second thought - maybe I want to come with them. Near my house Ilan said we're too many for buying. I still didn't get if it was only me who was too much or did he want to make it alone. Before each went to their way - he was worry how do I come at Friday to the rehearsal and show. I almost offered him that at least a part of the way we'll make together, but I have my way to come and he has a bus. Still he offered that both of us will be there earlier for drinking coffee and eat some cookies that he will bring. Just two of us. It still just an offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment