Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Like riding a bike

I published earlier about a show which will happen next month at Tel Aviv. I saw who will be on stage and published as fast as I can because of respect to the talented people who will be there (I mean it...!) . The show I'm talking about is the upcoming show of Noa Drezner with few more. Second thing I did was writing Noa about having a ticket or two through her. After all it happen at February and then I will be free at those days. so... And I asked Ilan if he want to come with me. No answer. 

I came to the studio, first of all "hello" to the dragon tattoo girl, a moment after I told Ilan that I presume the answer is "no". He said that he doesn't know yet if he can come. Later on talking, a bit with each one of them. Once I made a try to talk with Ilan and the dragon tattoo got in the middle for help. After a while she made a check on my earrings. Ilan told her not to take my earrings. She said she won't, only look cause I have a couple on the same ear. 

Class starts. We stood in a circle and made a practice on the castanets. This time I didn't try to stand next to Ilan. He took his space and looked to me that he needed it (don't know why, but he probably has his reasons). Still I was standing next to the dragon tattoo girl. This practice was shorter that it was at the other classes so far. It was enough for me to think that I still don't it practice but it's like riding a bike. I learned it years before and comes back to me very fast although I don't practice at home as I should. After a while at the middle of one of drills Mijal asked us to go on with it while moving to stand in the front of the mirror. We did so. It was very easy for someone who just got back to castanets recently after years of not touching it. 

After we moved to stand in the front of the mirror - few drills of escuela bolera with the castanets. The first we've been told it was good.  Second one - what was the problem? We made it again. Third one needed coming back on it over and over again. We learned the fourth. 

After that - dancing the escuela bolera over and over again. At the start just by holding the castanets and no playing. After a long practice we learned some new steps. Danced over and over again all. The girl who wanted flamenco asked quite one the others when will be the buleria. For the end of this part Mijal said we should be happy cause we play. The girl asked her when do dance the buleria. Mijal said that after dancing once again the escuela bolera. This time without the castanets. I took off mince. Not all did and it was possible to hear it from time to time. And once again - whoever can play the castanets will do so. I won't take it on again now... 

After that part happened something funny. Mijal said that she isn't sure how much we will remember it in a month from now, but it's like riding a bike - impossible to really forget. Great, another one who thinks so about dancing tonight....! Anyway - we will have it with Hugo at February. After that we could make a concert and solos. Mijal will check us. 

Dancing the buleria again and again. Some new steps. Mijal said again that she isn't sure how much we will remember in a month from now, but we will come back to it, slowly if it needed. 

Ilan wasn't at his best this time and looked worried. I told him to relax. He said that he is. I went to talk with Mijal. By this time a girl who learn with the men was talking with Ilan. Ilan said loud that she just told him it was on TV. What? I went to ask Ilan. He said that recently came from TV for an article. The girl said it's possible to see him talk a lot. He said it's a shame. I asked him why doesn't he tell me things like this. I warned him. 

On the way out I was still talking, this time with Ayelet....

No comments:

Post a Comment