Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The lone class

So I thought it will be better to write today, but in the end today is another crazy day. It doesn't really matter if I wrote at night or now. 

So, last night no Ilan and not my friend around and at a studio I wasn't sure if to go on with this year, so it was already hard for me. Ilan has already asked me about some of workshops I went to if I get anything from it accept the social thing. Well, hard question cause long time ago the flamenco became a social thing to me no less than it gives me other things. And I was still tired from the night before with Hugo. I made a try to take some rest before class of last night - it didn't work out well. 

I came on time. I knew that Andreu  meant to be there last night and I thought his music will help me to make less a full of myself when I'll try to dance alone. All become more clear to me when I hear the music. He wasn't there. I didn't see anyone out, at the studio itself were the fat woman, the snobbish woman and her daughter. They alone had the bata class. I went to change. The girl who usually takes the bata classes and now stay to the improvisation as well came only then and met me there. She was shocked I wasn't wearing any shoes that moment. Too cold for her. Fine, I will wear my flamenco shoes in a moment! She still "cried" for all was too cold for her. Not for me... I was running. Only when I came back to the studio I noticed that the Russian girl and the friend of the assistant were sitting outside. Neta made a try to prepare us to next class. She asked where is everyone. I asked where is Andreu. She said Andreu had a show that evening and couldn't come, where is everybody? I said that Ilan has started his semester, my friend went to Chine for work and won't be even next week... Neta didn't know. Inside she made a little "wow, Orna said..." The snobbish woman said that it's right, my friend took a flight to China last Saturday and will be back only Next week at the day of class. The daughter got ready to go.

We started to practice some steps of the tangos, the snobbish woman wanted to show that she remember so even when we didn't practice the new ones - she had to do one of the new ones. Neta got impressed. A moment before we finished that part - the "ballerina" came.

We needed to think of how to do our solos. Neta asked if we know the difference between llamada and remate. One of the girls (don't remember who, I think the bata girl) said something and Neta still didn't like the answer. I answered something which was more full and gave attention to both things. Neta wasn't pleased. It wasn't full enough for her opinion. It didn't matter that no one else made a try to answer. We received some time to think.  Neta said that she will work with the friend of the assistant because she didn't know what to do. The fat woman asked for help and said that she can't do it alone. The Russian girl said that she will take as well.  After while of thinking and practice - Neta asked it we're ready. Yes we are. She asked me personally if I'm ready. No, that wasn't insulting at all...

First round. The snobbish woman was first and has been asked to stop and start again. It wasn't good enough. I was after her. I had a black out and didn't do the very same way I wanted. I didn't give up and didn't stop before I finished. Neta had to remind me how bad it was. The fat woman didn't want to do it alone and Neta said that she must. She did it alone at the end. This time it was less horrible than the usual, but this is the reason that she got some help. The "ballerina" didn't accept to dance and Neta gave up on her. 

Second round. Neta asked that one of us will do contra tiempo at the palmas. This time - one little change than I planned, but it felt much better. This time Neta didn't really look. She was too busy to ask for the contra tiempo. After I finished I found out she asked it from the "ballerina", no less. It didn't work out for her. I wonder why... Later on she asked it from the friend of the assistant who asked few times "what?" It took some time till Neta found out that this friend doesn't know what does it mean. She asked me. I said that I'm not sure it will be a good idea. She asked the snobbish woman who didn't want it. Fine, someone else. The "ballerina" made a try this time after Neta really asked for it, but not a full thing as we made it. 

Moving on to the siguiryia. The snobbish took her castanets as well although she's like me at this part - didn't start it at September so it isn't her job to play it. The Russian girl, the bata girl and the fat woman.... They went away. 

We started a try to dance it from the start, but without Ilan and my friend it become a great challenge. We needed to start again. And the new thing. Neta didn't remember, the snobbish didn't remember, Neta wanted to made something new. I said that I made a video. the snobbish woman said "yes, there is the video!". I let Neta see it. At the second time she asked all to come and look. It wasn't enough. Only after fourth time Neta said that she got it, not before the "ballerina" made lots of disturbing noise (even disturbing to Neta). Didn't work out, did work out... Neta almost gave up and said we'll do something new after all. And watching the video again. No, we'll stick with it.

Dancing again all the siguiryia over and over again. This time Neta asked us to learn and join even earlier to the fellows with the castanets. the snobbish woman made a try all time without Neta will ask for it. At least she found out that her castanets are not needed. 

After class - Neta was still shocked that my friend is in Chine, I was shocked that I was less horrible than I thought I would be

No comments:

Post a Comment