Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Last night escuela bolera

Tonight won't be a class because Neta went for a bit more than a week to Italy. Last night a class as usual at the studio of Mijal. I mean - almost usual. 

Once again at the last moment after running. I'm used to that at all classes that I take with Ilan he always comes before I do. Since it's escuela bolera on Mondays - he takes two classes on Mondays - he comes to the escuela bolera and stay to men's class. I didn't see him. The dragon tattoo girl came back after two weeks she was too sick. I found my time to say "hello" to her and call Ilan a moment I got to the balcony. I asked him where he is. He asked me if our class has started. No, but it's about to and I'm not used to come before him. He said that he got stuck in traffic jams and will come in minutes. I changed fast. While wearing my flamenco shoes I saw my friend from Neta's studio. I was surprised cause I know that she doesn't like Mijal's style and whe was already dressed to dance. She didn't look surprise to see me although I never told her that I started to learn at this studio. Ilan came a moment after her. They went down to the studio a moment after me.

There was a little brake between classes.  My friend wondered if to take already her castanets. I was talking a bit more with the dragon tattoo girl. After that I asked my friend NOT to tell Neta that I'm here as well now. I know that Neta doesn't read the blog so I don't mind to write about it. I told my friend that I never gave Neta an explanation why did I moved down the number of classes at her studio with fear to dramas. My friend said that she doesn't think that Neta is like this. I had some dramas with her. My friend asked me if I mean to the bata de cola thing. I said it was one of the things. I remind her that at end of year show I needed to be busy on NOT to step on the musicians because of space I didn't have. She said it was my fault cause I needed to handle with it. WTF? When it happened she was at my side, what happened at the time since? Are we still friends? 

Class has started with drills of castanets. The order has been changed a bit for all those which are "pure escuela bolera" will start it together. Mijal had few black outs and needed the help of Ayelet to remember things. After that the "only for practice the castanets" drill and finish with the drill of Hugo. Still not all got used to the style that Mijal do it. 

Mijal brought her computer. I used the time to say something to Ilan. We had a long practice on playing the castanets  by our dance = with and without the music. And last steps. We had some new steps to learn right after that. And dancing all the escuela bolera - first time without playing the castanets. After that again and again all, most of times while playing the castanets.

Taking off the castanets. I came to Ilan and my friend. My friend said it was a pleasure because of the difference to flamenco. That's more jumpy and nimble. I asked her if she knows it isn't pure flamenco. She said that she do. Moving to the buleria. 

Few more new steps. A practice on the steps from last week. And dancing all again and again. Our class was over. 

I came to Ilan and my friend. Ilan pushed her to stay to men's class although she didn't want it. By the time she said it was a great class. Although she doesn't remember a thing of steps she accept that Mijal is a great teacher. I asked her if she knows now how does I get better at the classes of Neta. My friend said it's hard to get better at the studio of Neta because the level of some of girls there. I told her that Ilan doesn't want me at men's class, but soon I will start to learn their farruca on Wednesdays. She said that she may come but she isn't sure yet. When would it start? Next week or a week after. Ilan said it will be easier and we'll have more time to learn it and Mijal will change it for sure cause we're women. I told him that at the workshop with Jose Moro we had a farruca, only one man came to learn but Jose asked all of us dance like men. Ilan said that I can dance like a man if I want to (oh, great, thanks... I needed him to tell me so....), I won't become a man because of it so I don't need to fear. I said that it looks like he's the one who looks like I will become a man. He smiled. My friend and me started somehow a conversation about his stress while he's next to us and listening. I said that he didn't accept to talk with me for few days. She said that I need to give him some space. Oh, great, now she tells me things about space.... I think I will let her to handle with it. She asked me what does it mean. I said that Ilan doesn't love me any more. She said that it mean I need to give him some space. I looked at him and said again that he doesn't love me any more. He looked at floor and smiled again. Fine. I said almost all. I warned him that I have something to write him (and no, it doesn't mean a fight)

No comments:

Post a Comment