Friday, July 25, 2014

Three years

Three years ago I started to write this blog. Three years...25th July 201. It was few days before end of year show with the studio of Neta, weeks before the third workshop I took since I started dancing.

Three intensive years. Not only that I started to write (a lot) here - I took so many classes at the studio of Neta, took so many other workshops since, went to fiestas, went to see so many shows, performed myself, found out about flamenco artists which were new to me, made better connections with flamenco people - professionals and lovers, started to learn at the studio of Mijal as well - almost a year ago and took two studios at the same year... So, I guess this is one of the reasons why does it become a little difficult for me to write about the "regular classes" from time to time. This intensive time and the the reason it takes me a lot of time to write it all. 

And now, I find myself one week before one more more end of year show with the studio of Neta. It will take a part next Friday. By this show I will finish my 8 year with Neta and dancing flamenco and will start my second year at the studio of Mijal. As it looks like - next year will be an end for 8 years in my life. I won't go again to the studio of Neta. I still don't know myself if it's only a brake of one year, or maybe I'm taking now the very last classes at her studio. This  decision was a bit difficult, but I do it peaceful. Maybe it's time to let go. I learned a lot from Neta and I respect her for that, but it has been 8 years which looked for both of us much longer. And it isn't that I stop dancing - I just move to dance in another studio which challenge me. It isn't that I cut my connections - she will stay a Facebook friend of mine. And the person which I love the most from this studio (Ilan) started dancing at the other studio even before I did. I still see him there once a week, and I still keep on touch with him even without seeing each other at the studio. 

And today I celebrate those last three years (with a big hope for many more) by going to the cinematheque of Tel Aviv. Few more hours I will see there Carmen of Carlos Saura and Antonio Gades. I think that the best way to celebrate flamenco is by having some more flamenco. I didn't even notice the symbolic thing when I ordered the ticket, just wanted to see this movie on a big cinema screen. Turned out well. 

And after those years - I see this blog is getting bigger. It become easier for me to tell things, even though I don't have enough energy to write after every class and do it weekly last time. I still have the stories of this week...  I notice how much bigger it become with audience of readers. I know about some who read it a lot. I know someone who write me when she has workshops at her studio (which is great), another blogger wrote for me posts at his blog, I receive some wonderful comments - here and personally - all shows that the readers are are interested in having information (looks like I've been blessed in wise readers), some people shared links for this blog at Facebook, and the I see that people all over the world gets in as I wished for, even from placed I didn't dare to think it will come for. 

I thank you all for being here, reading it, taking a part in my life - even if I don't know you, and of course -  taking a part in this art called "flamenco", no matter if you do it or rather enjoy it without the making.

And again - few changes since last time I wrote the list of 10 states which gets into the blog the most, so...:

USA - 79296
Russia - 30015
Israel - 18324
Germany - 9701
Spain - 8297
France - 4784
Ukraine - 2375
Italy - 1712
UK - 1302
China - 1027

Yes, I know, still a bit humble, but it's only 10 states, only three years and not about the subjects which magnetized more readers. Still growing. I thank you all again - if you're at one of those state or not. For more years and more flamenco




No comments:

Post a Comment