Monday, September 29, 2014

Tangos workshop with Adi, day one

The new year has started, the holiday was over, the firm which meant to help me to get my internet connection still cause some troublies, I made many phone calls, a bit before going out - last time for today. The guy told me it's my problem that I don't have a connection becasue of them. Son of a b@#$! I was yelling a lot. Didn't help - still need to be at my parents' house for internet. Like now.
yah
I came in the last moment because of last phone call. Kisses with Adi. I told her it's her job now to make me relax. Idit was there. I told her why did come this way. She told me she had the same problem with the same firm. She offered me to imagine the service people of this firm under my shoes when we'll do the zapateado in class. I'm about to do so....

Getting into the studio. Accept Idit - two dancers who I know came and started to practice. One more woman who looked familiar and I couldn't remember from where (accept being from the flamenco) came. She came to me and asked me if I'm from the studio of Mijal. Yeah... Did I come to the workshop of.... I finished and askedc if she mean to Miguel. She did. And I looked to her like a part of the studio. Oh dear... I enjoyed hearing it!said  at this place.  One more girl who I remember that I know only through workshops of  Adi at this place. Three more girls that I saw for the first time. The class itself has started a bit late because of a problem with the music system. It has been fixed.

Stratchings. I made it better than some others, but it was possible to see who are the professional dancers there. They made it better.

Adi told the new ones for her what about to happen with warming. We made it. One step didn't go well for me. It's a difficult one and I didn't do it for too long. Adi noticed that I'm having a problem and still try to do this step, but she just smiled. Anyway - 5 minutes into warming and I started to feel like a puddle. All sweat. Astranger got in for asking to low down the music. 35 minutes and a bit time to drink.

Adi said that she wants to tell us how does she see tangos, as she do with each palo that she teach. She see it as a palo for strong women. She won't say "passion" cause she doesn't want to make it cheap. Two girls told hers that passion isn't cheap. Well, she still doesn't want to see it this way. The real way of movement for tangos in her eyes comes from the womb. She asked us to stand and move in a way that comes from the womb. She showed us how. And a bit moving of the shoulders and hands. It wasn't easy and not all really made it. Although it wasn't easy - something about this movement felt like it releases my body and mind. 

We started with the tangos. The most rough tangos ever. Not only that Adi made it difficult for body as always - all movement was "shouting" power. Idit stopped twice for questions which could sound weird, but it wasn't. Getting into it.... Once - Adi made some steps before she was teaching it. After that she asked if we want to go on. One of the girls asked if she means by that to tell us how to do what she did. She meant it. And some more. One of the girls that I never saw before didn't leave me and got stuck to me too much. The two others gave up and sat down to look.

We learned a lot. Near the end when we were dancing without music - the stranger came to look again. She looked unpleased. At least this time she went away without to say a word.

The class went on after time. Idit and the girl who knew me went away before Adi finished with us. The girl who knew me said that she's hurry to catch the train. When all of us finished - a talk about studios and so. the girls who gave up said it too much for their level. They can't do it. 

I came back home happy but tired. Took my do for a walk and went to my parents for internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment