Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The last couple

OK, still didn't write about second class last week, there is a new one from tonight. Not sure how long it would take, I'll do my best to make it short:

Wednesday

This time I knew that the hyperactive girl won't disturb me. I took my Ritalin. She didn't disturb me, she didn't come at all. And too quiet at class before...It did happen and Ofir was there too, but too quiet. Between classes the only real "noise" was that Ofir still went on playing. By the way I asked Mijal if I could take a video at the end of class. She said that I can.

A lot of class took for a practice on parts of the solea, a lot of a practice on parts of solea por buleria. The man from Mijal's company who takes now those classes came in a late. Didn't matter much for him. Anyway he was looking where to stand for watching Ayelet. He made a little practice, but when didn't watch Ayelet - he stood at his place and looked at all of us from behind.

By the way we worked a bit on the first llamada. It includes four circles with stops. When we only started to work on this dance months ago Mijal told me that I don't have to do it, at least not to the end. I decided to try no matter what and I still do it. And I know that one thing that repeat with some teachers and not only Mijal that I've been asked over and over again to keep on focus at the circles, no matter which kind and when does it come. This time I didn't notice that Mijal was looking at me at the first time. I was too busy dancing. I did notice when she said loud "good Orna!". I saw her smiling satisfied. I was very pleased from myself. The problem that I got too "high" from it and the fact that I notice better that I need my new shoes. Too hurts my feet and becomes too difficult at circles because the shoes don't swing enough. So next times at those circles it wasn't that good.  I'm still waiting for the new shoes and started to try to find out where did it stuck. 

One of the things which amused me the most was a part that the looking girl stopped everything for a question. How does all understand what does Mijal ask for and practice the same part, but she doesn't understand? Mijal said that she call it by the name of part. What, do you mean that each part has a name? Mijal told her that everything in flamenco has a name. Oh dear... And this girls also learn at the very advanced class for professional dancers....!

After a long practice on parts - Mijal said that this time we'll dance what we have, and whoever wants can take a video now at parts. One of the girls wanted a video, but also wanted to have a video, She let someone else to take a video, a girl who probably got tired. The man sat down. I took a video of some of the girls dance. Mijal was dancing with them at some parts. At some point the other girl stopped taking a video. When the girl who danced noticed - the girl who took the video signed that the the space has gone. When was the part of moving to buleria - the space at my camera finished as well. I deleted something else. I missed a bit. I went on taking another video of the end. The man from the company took his stuff and went away. The girls were at a blackout. They forgot some of the steps of the buleria and made some mistakes at other steps. Mijal said that we'll work at next class. At next class we will start a new dance, but also work at the end about the buleria part. 

At home I moved the videos to my computer and started to delete some more things for some space. 

Tonight

Came on time. Was raining a bit today. No one outside. Got in. No class before. Ilan and the other Orna made a practice inside the studio. I asked them how did it happen. Ilan said it's too cold outside. Mijal was busy with someone who I never see before. They looked at some clothes. I think it's for the new show. Moran was there and said what's her opinion. Moran went away a bit after. I was talking a bit with Mijal and a bit with Ilan before class. Looked like class about to start, I went to my place. Ilan said that next week will be fine. I said that today will be fine. Who cares that he said it to the other Orna? Not all came this time. Some were missing. I don't remember that I saw Ayelet, Moran was a moment before but gone, looked like few more were gone.

We started to practice the drills of castanets, for a start the new stuff, after taking it with all steps and music. Few things became more clear to me. A long practice on a long drill. By the way I understood why did Ilan said that next week will be fine. He wasn't on his best this time. Too many mistakes which doesn't fit him. And moving on to a long practice on a drill of castanets by the beat of siguiryia. All of us needed it, Ilan still wasn't on his best and it took a little longer because of it. At a point of a practice on the castanets (already forgot which, but doesn't really matter) - Mijal has been walking between us to see who needs to be fixed and who do it well. I wasn't sure how would she respond to me, but she moved on like nothing is wrong. A moment after she stopped next to a girl that I didn't notice to. A new girl who's a friend or something like that of one of the teenagers at this class. Mijal made a try to fix her and told her the name of this part. The girl said that she doesn't know what it is. She could only knock the most simple thing. 
 
A practice on the part of couples at the siguiryia. The new girl was looking. Now I noticed that the "ballerina" was alone because of not all were there. The couple of Ayelet wasn't alone cause both weren't there (or do I remember wrong and her couple changed a place?). For my surprise Ilan had the first mistake, but all of us made. We needed a lot of work. And some new steps.

By the way I noticed a purple skirt that hanged on the door of the office. Something which isn't fit to wear just like that. I started to wonder if someone will wear it at the new show of <ojal and her company (Compas Company. Their new show called AguaDulce and will start this December). Fine, if I won't ask Mijal at the end of class - at least soon I will see the show and could see myself if this skirt is there or not. Till end of class I hardly could remove my eyes from this skirt. If I'm not mistaken the fabric called "tappet". A hanged skirt just shiny and purple. I wondered what do I want harder - to see it on a dancer in a show or having it myself. So beautiful!  

Went to dance all siguiryia from the start. By the getting ready I made a try to say something to Ilan, but no time. I wasn't sure how well will I do it. We start it as two rows. Ayelet and me lead the rows at the entrada and "take with us" all the others. As far as she wasn't there I wasn't sure that I won't miss the start. At least Mijal was counting, I took my Ritalin and the other Orna was there now at the start of the other row, so I could be focused on the start. At the rest of siguiryia - again wasn't sure. I had my blackout this time and was sure that I don't remember a thing. I missed a thing or two at the start, but seems like that I start to be focused on this dance at my own weird way. After few moments most of it came back to me and it was enough to hear the music at my head. We don't dance it with real music, but I could hear at my head the way our castanets and shoes meant to sound at each part. It was enough most of time. And the fact I could look anyway helped too. There were few moments that I still needed to look at others to remember, but most I could remember alone. Few moments I wasn't sure, but again - even then most of time I needed to trust myself. At the part we learned this time and a bit before - all of us made some mistakes and needed to work on it again. The nice one came and got ready. 

Taking off the  castanets. I went to Ilan. This time I could talk for a moment. I told him that all have those days. He usually hates when I try to talk with him when things doesn't work the way he wanted. This time he was relax and just agreed with me. I said that the happiest thing in seeing having mistakes is the fact that I do well. Again he didn't get angry, just said again it can happen to all. Everyone makes some mistakes. My "darling" friend came and joined as fast as she could. 

We made our new tango. This dance is easier, but it was harder for me to remember. My friend and the nice one joined for dancing with us. Mijal started with music, but a moment after she stopped the music and asked us to practice the newest part of it. Few steps which remind me the style of Marco Flores. And some new steps to the tango as well. A new remate. After some practice - dancing all few times. And in two groups. My friend was at the first group. I was at the second group with Ilan and the other Orna. Just like I prefer, Once they did and Mijal said they did it well. It took them a little time to move over and give us to dance, mostly to my friend. Seemed like she's getting between my feet all the start. Because of it, because of it was near the end and because I may need a bit more of the Ritalin - it took me too long to get into it. But at the end at least most of us made some mistakes. Mijal asked us to repeat it again. All of us made a little practice on the new steps. And once again - all of us dance it from start to the new steps. 

After class I stayed a bit to talk. didn't need a big reason at the start. One of the girls brought a bottle of wine, Ilan helped to open it and started to decant to glasses. By the way he took a bit. I made a try to be mean about it, but he made it as a joke that he brought the wine with a magic, so he could drink. Mijal got the first cup. She asked why does she's been given a cup of wine. Maybe because of her birthday.... A moment after my friend asked why did someone brought the wine. Oh, she was the only one there who didn't know about the birthday.... And I stayed a bit more. When their class has started I went to change. As far as Ilan was the only man there and I don't mind that he will see me this way - I changed at the balcony without a try to hide. But when I still needed to put on my pants - the man who designed the poster to the new show came and was hurry to the balcony. I sat as fast as I could and was hiding all there needed to with the pants. At least it was enough for him to say "hello" and he got ready with his back to me. I took on my pants as fast as I could. Got back home. Writing too long about it and do some other things by the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment