Monday, March 23, 2015

After watching Flamenco Toolbox (El Baúl de los Flamencos)

Finally find the time to write about it. Still not enough. Later on I will need to finish my stories from the festival. I had a crazy day. Once again a night before one more crazy day. And so many parts, no program of the show alone - only about all the festival. So this time I won't tell about each part of the show like I normally do. More about the experience and my thoughts about this show. 

The main show at Días de flamenco 2015 was Flamenco Toolbox. It's a show of Concha Jareño - because of it she gave the workshop at the festival this year. Of course she wasn't alone on stage. Not even the only dancer on stage. It was possible to see a lot of talent on the same stage.
The over artists at this show are:
Adrián Santana (dance)
Ana Salazar (dance and sing)
El Tomate (guitar)
David el Galli and Manuel Gago (sing)
Luis Amador (percussion)

The show has started by seeing with a little light Concha and Adrián. Ana gets in stage with a chair. She just put aside the chair. Move a bit the legs of Concha and Adrián. After a moment - Concha and Adrián has started dancing and play castanets. Ana joined them after while - for a start danced with them, after that she was sinning as well. One moment Adrián was at the front and made the hardest part of dancing. Ana has opened a string that was closed over Conchas's dress. Didn't take too long till she was making a connection between Concha and Adrián with this string. After that she let the out of it. And took it off from the dress. At the night before I was closing this string over the dress not much before Concha came to stage for the first time. Now I know what was the use of this string and how did Concha got back to change without having this string on her.

First time that I can remember it happen to me... Although the start gave a big promise and I loved watching it - I started worry. Who really replace me backstage with dressing Concha? Did she have a good start? Would do her job well till end of the show?

The musicians came in stage after this magical part. Ana joined them, but not for all show. A part with hats.... Concha got out after a while to change. I was worried if the dresser this night will do her job as needed. Adrián had his solo. A martinete. Luis played some kind of bells... Still use at castanets. 

Later on... It took me something like a half show to relax about my replacement. Well, maybe I was still worry a bit. Now it was more to think if I was better than me replacement. Didn't disturb me to enjoy the show itself. It didn't disturb me while while worrying about the other dresser to look well about the dresses. I need to remember the order. I will be back to this job at the next night. I need to do my job on the best part. 

All looked so well. All the people on stage have a big talent for what they do. Most was flamenco "puro", but were something like two parts of Clasico Español. One part like this (Clasico Español) included a recorded music, never mind the musicians are amazing. I do think it is one of the best shows I saw lately. The talent wasn't enough to make it so. Two more things made it this way - it was unique (a lot of imagination included) and a lot of humor. One of parts which I think that gives the humor show up was a part which starts with Ana Salazar gets in stage. Behind her a table which was thee all the time, but I didn't notice that it has been moved to lay down on two "legs" in a way it looked tall. Ana dressed up like a matador. She made a show up with sward of matadors. All with a "poker face". The sward came back to the cloak. The poker face changed for a moment for a fake smile for one moment. Not only me. Some others has laughed as well. Not long. Adrián was dancing "a bull". Each singer was singer was sinning a bit by being the matador in this moment. All made in a crazy way. And Concha? Got back to stage. It was possible to see her over the table, shoulders and up. Black dress, a black veil over her head which fits Spanish women from 16 century over her head, a fan at her hand and she was smiling. It was really funny although it finished bad for Adrián the "bull". 

And there was a jacket that Adrián asked me to hang up a night before. Now I saw it cause. Ana was pulling it on him while she had on her a dress and manton. She was talking to him. Asked him to sit. She was dancing and sinning alone a full part in a way it could be for Adrián. The jacket has been removed from Adrián at the moment it finished. Ana went to change to the black pants suit she was wearing most of show. 

Shortly:
A lot of talent, a lot of imagination, a lot of humor. A very unique show. Although my worries I could enjoy every moment of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment